Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms with Pine Nuts & Feta

This is a recipe I adapted from one I found on www.veggienumnum.com.  It's quite tasty.  I tried to get a photo of the finished product but wasn't smart enough to think of it before the leftovers got put away by my dish-washing Hubby.  When I went back into the kitchen the mushrooms were already in the fridge so I took this picture instead.

This is my beloved Lily.  She's the best pup ever!


10-15 large cremini mushrooms (or a few portobellos), wiped cleaned, stems removed
1 yellow onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
2 slices whole grain bread, roughly diced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (or however much makes you happy)
2 tbsp lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350F.

Set the mushrooms on a baking tray; cut side up.

Heat 1T olive oil in a medium saucepan.  Cook the onion over medium head for 3-4 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook for another minute.  Add the pine nuts and cook for another few minutes until they turn golden.  Add the breadcrumbs and toss through until well combined.

Remove from head, add the feta, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Add a little extra oil if needed.  Top each mushroom with stuffing.  Drizzle with a little extra olive oil.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment