Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Review of my January Monthly Challenge

For my January Monthly Challenge I basically pretended to be a vegetarian.
I am amazed at how easy it was not to eat meat for a month.  I allowed myself the option of eating fish and seafood but didn’t intend to rely on those a lot.  Instead I prepared meals with lots of veggies, grains and beans... and surprisingly, I really liked it.  Even Hubby didn’t complain.  I wouldn’t say he loved it or would want to do it all the time but he didn’t complain.  We both learn that there are yummy meals out there that don't revolve around a big piece of meat!
Over the course of the month the only meat (including fish and seafood) I ate was:
  • A stupid Slim Jim because for a moment I completely forgot about my challenge.  Oops!
  • A tuna fish sandwich at the beginning of the month before I’d really gotten back on track with regular grocery shopping.
  • Sushi with friends.
  • Shrimp in some quesadillas which were fabulous.
  • A bite of a friend’s salmon at lunch.
I am very thankful I not only survived for a month without eating meat but that I actually enjoyed it.  I will most definitely incorporate more meatless options into our weekly meals and I can be confident that neither of us will be miserable.

If you're interested in incorporating more meatless meals into your life here are a few websites you can check out.

http://www.meatlessmonday.com/

http://www.veggienumnum.com/

http://www.vegetarianized.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment